New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Mechanical Ventilation for Severe Asthma - emdocs
While the goal is often to prevent intubation, occasionally, the only option is to use Mechanical Ventilation for your patient with Severe Asthma.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- Case history with pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment. Patient details changed to preserve anonymity.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Asthma | Patient
- Asthma is characterised by paroxysmal and reversible obstruction of the airways. It is increasingly understood as an inflammatory condition combined with bronchial hyper-responsiveness. Acute asthm...
Severe Asthma Exacerbation
- This week's case is written by Dr. Andrew Hall. He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Queen’s University where he is a Simulation-based Resuscitation Rounds Instru...
Tiotropium (Spiriva Respimat) Gets Asthma Indication in US
- The FDA approved a once-daily dose, delivered in two puffs, for long-term maintenance treatment of asthma in people aged 12 years and older.
Tutorial on Treatment of Asthma
- Treatment of asthma including the various medications for a severe exacerbation.
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more