New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Heavy-Traffic Roads, Benzene Exposure, and Childhood Leukemia
Are children living near heavily trafficked roads at increased risk for certain types of leukemia?
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- Chronic leukemias affect specialized blood cells that are partially through the process of maturation. Chronic lymphoblastic leukemias (CLL) often cause an e...
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
What is leukemia?
- Leukemia is a collection of cancers which create a large amount of immature blood cells. These immature blood cells take up space in the bone marrow, prevent...
Study identifies genetic cause of increased leukemia risk
- The discovery of a gene mutation that increases the risk of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, may help doctors to increase monitoring and to develop strategies to prevent the disease.
Panel predicts whether rare leukemia will respond to treatment
- Successful biomarker could spare more than half of patients from ineffective therapyPatients with chronic myelomonocytic leukemia have limited treatment options, and...
Scientists trace genomic evolution of high-risk leukemia
- Highly sensitive genomic analysis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells reveals for the first time how the malignant cells evolve to cause relapseBy genomic sequencing...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...