New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Three Types of Interventions in Patients with Fibromyalgia
Find out more about the complexity of reducing chronic pain and increasing the quality of life of people with fibromyalgia.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Fibromyalgia linked to decreased brain connectivity
- The causes of fibromyalgia are unknown. Now a new study finds people with the chronic pain condition have decreased connectivity between pain regions and other parts of the brain.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Painkiller reduces hypersensitivity to pain in patients with fibromyalgia
- Patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia complain of chronic pain throughout their bodies, but often doctors have difficulty detecting what causes the pain, and therefore, how to treat it.
Worse fibromyalgia symptoms reported by young people
- It may seem counterintuitive, but young and middle-aged fibromyalgia patients report worse symptoms and poorer quality of life than older patients, a Mayo Clinic study shows.
Study finds evidence of nerve damage in around half of fibromyalgia patients
- About half of a small group of patients with fibromyalgia - a common syndrome that causes chronic pain and other symptoms - was found to have damage to nerve fibers in their skin and other...
Rational Biological Source Of Pain Found In The Skin Of Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., is not imaginary after all, as some doctors have believed.
Alcohol, Fibromyalgia, And Quality Of Life
- Low and moderate drinkers of alcohol reported lower severity of symptoms of fibromyalgia than teetotallers, finds a study in BioMed Central's open access journal Arthritis Research ...