New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
New Approach to Fibromyalgia Tackles Poor-Quality Sleep
For patients with fibromyalgia, improving the quality of sleep can help improve other features of the syndrome, including pain, new analyses show.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Fibromyalgia linked to decreased brain connectivity
- The causes of fibromyalgia are unknown. Now a new study finds people with the chronic pain condition have decreased connectivity between pain regions and other parts of the brain.
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.
Poor sleep tied to widespread pain and fibromyalgia
- New study finds that of a number of factors, non-restorative sleep was the most strongly linked to development of widespread pain or fibromyalgia in older adults.
Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue reduced by vitamin D supplementation
- Patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) typically have widespread chronic pain and fatigue.
Worse fibromyalgia symptoms reported by young people
- It may seem counterintuitive, but young and middle-aged fibromyalgia patients report worse symptoms and poorer quality of life than older patients, a Mayo Clinic study shows.
Rational Biological Source Of Pain Found In The Skin Of Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., is not imaginary after all, as some doctors have believed.
- One page summary of Fibromyalgia