New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Emergency Visit for Asthma Predicts Future Acute Care
Children who have made at least one acute-care visit to the emergency department for asthma are at risk for future visits, and might benefit from specialist care, a new study suggests.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Emergency Protocol for Bronchial Asthma
- provides details of Management of asthma exacerbations in adults
Adverse childhood experiences may increase the risk of asthma, study finds
- Being exposed to domestic violence or other adverse experiences during childhood may increase a child's risk of developing asthma, according to new research.
Adenotonsillectomy reduces acute asthma exacerbations in children, study shows
- Children who undergo adenotonsillectomy have a 30% reduction in acute exacerbations of asthma in the year after their surgery compared with the year before, a large US study has shown.1
Gut Bacteria Disparities Offer Clues to Asthma Etiology
- Children at the highest risk for asthma had a lower abundance of four bacteria in their gut in their first 3 months of life, a critical period that may offer future opportunities for prevention.
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...