New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Correspondence: Laparoscopic Repair of Abdominal Wall Hernia
This comprehensive guideline outlines the practical technique of laparoscopic abdominal wall hernia repair.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- This is a podcast covering that oh-so-difficult topic of hernias. Specifically we shall look at: * Basic anatomy and terminology/definitions * Inguinal hernias * Femoral hernias * I...
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Hernia's and Groin Swellings
- A PDF Booklet that covers the underlying anatomy, embryology and basic overviews related to groin swellings, particularly inguinal and femoral hernias.
- In this tutorial you will be presented with colourful diagrams and animations to cover important areas, such as the anatomy of what goes on in inguinal and femoral hernias, their examination and ...
The Anterolateral Abdominal Wall - TeachMeAnatomy
- The abdominal wall encloses the abdominal cavity, which holds the bulk of the gastrointestinal viscera. In this article, we shall look at the layers of this wall, its surface anatomy and common sur...
Why can an indirect hernia be controlled on physical examination yet a direct hernia cannot?
- Can anyone explain to me the reason(s) as to why an indirect hernia can be controlled on physical examination yet a direct hernia cannot. Apologies if it is obvious but I don't personally like rot...
The Inguinal Canal - Boundaries - Contents - TeachMeAnatomy
- The inguinal canal is a short passage that extends inferiorly and medially, through the inferior part of the abdominal wall. It is superior and parallel to the inguinal ligament. It acts as a pathw...