New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Sixty seconds on . . . maternal deaths
Not quite. The risk of a woman dying in pregnancy or childbirth is now 44% lower than it was in 1990, which is great news, but not as good as was hoped for.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Maternal deaths falling worldwide, says WHO - BBC News
- Maternal deaths have fallen worldwide, dropping by 45% since 1990, according to new figures.
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
Labour wards not for straightforward births' says NICE - BBC News
- Women having a straightforward pregnancy "should be encouraged to give birth in a midwife-led unit", official advice for England and Wales says.
Preterm labour and birth | Guidance and guidelines | NICE
- Evidence-based recommendations for women at risk of or with signs of preterm labour or women having a planned preterm birth.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
- Spectrum of antimicrobials