New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Synconvulsions: Just how common are convulsions in syncope? (Re-post)
This post originally appeared on PEMBlog back in August of 2014 and has been reposted because I think it is a really important topic.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
New guideline on how to treat the one in 10 who experience a first seizure
- In order to help doctors treat the millions of people who experience their first seizure each year, the American Academy of Neurology and the American Epilepsy Society have released a new...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
Direct brain neurostimulation for partial onset seizures provides long-term benefit
- Piotr Olejniczak, MD, PhD, LSU Health New Orleans Professor of Neurology and Director of the Epilepsy Center, contributed to a study of the long-term effectiveness of the first direct brain...
Syncope Sunday 5: other causes – Don't Forget the Bubbles
- We’ve already consider reflex causes and cardiac causes of syncope. Here’s a few others that don’t fit neatly into either category…
Vascular Causes of Syncope - emdocs
- A great review of all the causes of vascular syncope.
Epilepsy App Tracks Seizures
- Information gathered with the new interactive app, downloaded to the Apple Watch, will be used to develop a seizure detector.