New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Novel Computer Tool Improves Asthma Counseling in Low-Literacy Patients
A novel computer-generated written asthma action plan (WAAP) that uses pictures and photographs can improve asthma counseling to low-literacy patients, a new study finds.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Asthma | Patient
- Asthma is characterised by paroxysmal and reversible obstruction of the airways. It is increasingly understood as an inflammatory condition combined with bronchial hyper-responsiveness. Acute asthm...
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more
You think you know asthma? - The Original Kings of County
- A 25 y/o smoker presents to the ED with SOB and tells you her asthma is acting up. You think to yourself, “I love the crashing asthma patient!” Within 5 minutes bipap is bedside, solumedrol is give...
Dose-finding evaluation of once-daily treatment with olodaterol, a novel long-acting β 2 -agonist, in patients with asthma
- Olodaterol is a novel, inhaled long-acting β 2 -agonist (LABA) with >24-hour duration of action investigated in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary d...
Reslizumab Works Best in Late-Onset Eosinophilic Asthma
- A new analysis of phase 3 data shows that the anti-interleukin-5 antibody is more effective in patients older than 40 years.
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.