New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Influence of NAFLD and Body Size Phenotypes on Diabetes Risk
A new study looks at the joint associations of NAFLD and body size phenotypes with the risk for developing diabetes. How are they connected?
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Taking a longer term view of cardiovascular risk: the causal exposure paradigm
- Allan D Sniderman and colleagues argue that many people already have advanced arterial damage when they are identified to be at high risk of a cardiovascular event and that a better approach would ...
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Serious life events in childhood can triple risk of developing type 1 diabetes
- New research from Sweden published in Diabetologia (the journal of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes) shows that serious life events (SLEs) in childhood, such as death or...
Eating out 'raises risk for high blood pressure'
- A new study is the first to show a link between eating away from home and increased risk for high blood pressure. The association was found to be particularly strong among men.
More Red Meat Increases Risk for End-Stage Renal Disease
- There is a positive association between the consumption of red meat and the risk for end-stage renal disease, but the risk is significantly lower when other sources of protein are consumed.
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...