New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Factors Involved in Airway Inflammation in Allergic Asthma
This study investigates the contribution of these transcription factors in the pathogenesis of late-phase airway inflammation in adult allergic asthma patients.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Question on step 4 asthma management in adults.
- First thing you do is increase the inhaled steroid dose, but then you can consider adding a theophylline, leukotriene receptor antagonist or B2 agonist. Is there any preference over which one to ch...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
You think you know asthma? - The Original Kings of County
- A 25 y/o smoker presents to the ED with SOB and tells you her asthma is acting up. You think to yourself, “I love the crashing asthma patient!” Within 5 minutes bipap is bedside, solumedrol is give...
Reslizumab Works Best in Late-Onset Eosinophilic Asthma
- A new analysis of phase 3 data shows that the anti-interleukin-5 antibody is more effective in patients older than 40 years.
Persistence of Asthma Following Allergen Avoidance and ProTh2
- Find out more about the molecular mechanisms underlying persistent abnormal dendritic cell function and asthma.
Asthma: No Clear Winners in Combination Treatment in Blacks
- A randomized trial showed no benefit to long-acting beta-agonists over tiotropium in combination with inhaled corticosteroid for improving outcomes in black adults with asthma.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...