New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Mechanism of labour
When negotiating the birth canal the fetus undergoes a series of manoeuvres. As the fetus descends through the different planes of the pelvis it needs to move into the position of best fit.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Newborn video script
- We do this examination just after birth, prior to discharge from hospital and atregular intervals throughout the first few months of life. Initial examination of the newborn should be done as soon ...
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Psychological impact, support and information needs for women with an abnormal Pap smear: Comparative results of a questionnaire in three European countries
- Official Full-Text Publication: Psychological impact, support and information needs for women with an abnormal Pap smear: Comparative results of a questionnaire in three European countries on Resea...
Abortion-Reasons Women Choose Abortion
- In the United States, about 6 million women become pregnant per year.7 Half of all pregnancies are unintended, and of all births, about 1 in 10 newborns have been reported as
Normal Labor and Delivery: Practice Essentials, Definition, Stages of Labor and Epidemiology
- Labor is a physiologic process during which the fetus, membranes, umbilical cord, and placenta are expelled from the uterus. Stages of labor Obstetricians have divided labor into 3 stages that deli...
- Women’s choice and control impact birthing experiences. This study used a qualitative, descriptive approach to explore how women develop their initial birth plan and how changes made to the plan af...
- In nature, when a laboring animal feels threatened or disturbed, the stress hormone catecholamine shuts down labor. Similarly, when a laboring woman does not feel safe or protected or when the prog...