New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Acute Leukemia Takeaways From ASH 2015: New Agents
Dr Farhad Ravandi provides an overview of the highlights in acute myeloid leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemia from the 2015 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- Chronic leukemias affect specialized blood cells that are partially through the process of maturation. Chronic lymphoblastic leukemias (CLL) often cause an e...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
What is leukemia?
- Leukemia is a collection of cancers which create a large amount of immature blood cells. These immature blood cells take up space in the bone marrow, prevent...
Study identifies genetic cause of increased leukemia risk
- The discovery of a gene mutation that increases the risk of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, may help doctors to increase monitoring and to develop strategies to prevent the disease.
Panel predicts whether rare leukemia will respond to treatment
- Successful biomarker could spare more than half of patients from ineffective therapyPatients with chronic myelomonocytic leukemia have limited treatment options, and...
Scientists trace genomic evolution of high-risk leukemia
- Highly sensitive genomic analysis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells reveals for the first time how the malignant cells evolve to cause relapseBy genomic sequencing...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...