New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Newer Spirometry Reference Standards Can Improve Asthma Treatment
Switching from the older Zapletal reference values to the newer Global Lung Function Initiative (GLI) values can result in improved asthma treatment, researchers report.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Genetic variance explains poor response to common asthma medications
- Researchers have identified a biological basis for asthmatic children who do not respond well to corticosteroid treatment - currently the most effective treatment for chronic asthma and acute...
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
Wearable Sensors To Monitor Triggers For Asthma, And More
- What if you could wear something that would alert you when pollution, such as smog, is about to take its toll on your heart or lungs? That is...
Mepolizumab as opposed to placebo for asthma | Cochrane
- Asthma is an inflammatory lung condition characterised by the narrowing of the airways, breathlessness, a tight chest and reduced quality of life. By the year 2025, there may be up to 400 million p...
Sublingual immunotherapy for asthma | Cochrane
- We assessed the evidence on the use of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) for people with asthma compared with placebo or with normal treatment for asthma. We focused on whether SLIT is a good treatme...
Should macrolides be used for chronic asthma? | Cochrane
- Main point: Studies do not show that macrolides are better than placebo for most outcomes. There may be a benefit on lung function but it depends on how this is measured. The evidence was very low...
Asthma: No Clear Winners in Combination Treatment in Blacks
- A randomized trial showed no benefit to long-acting beta-agonists over tiotropium in combination with inhaled corticosteroid for improving outcomes in black adults with asthma.