New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Stress and QOL in Caregivers of Children With Severe Asthma
How does poorly controlled childhood asthma affect the stress and quality of life of the caregiver?
Help by adding tags...
Asthma | Patient
- Asthma is characterised by paroxysmal and reversible obstruction of the airways. It is increasingly understood as an inflammatory condition combined with bronchial hyper-responsiveness. Acute asthm...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Coaching parents over the phone improves children's asthma treatment
- Managing childhood asthma is difficult. Rather than giving daily medications - even when children feel well - many parents treat asthma only when symptoms become severe.
Adenotonsillectomy reduces acute asthma exacerbations in children, study shows
- Children who undergo adenotonsillectomy have a 30% reduction in acute exacerbations of asthma in the year after their surgery compared with the year before, a large US study has shown.1
Asthma: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy
- Asthma is a common chronic disease worldwide and affects approximately 24 million persons in the United States. It is the most common chronic disease in childhood, affecting an estimated 7 million ...
Bacteria Mind Map
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...