New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
SSRIs and Birth Defects: A New Analysis
Some antidepressants, but not all, are linked with birth defects.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Overview of Antidepressants
- An overview of the 3 main antidepressants: 1. SSRIs 2. TCAs 3. MAOIs
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Cardiovascular Embryology and Congenital abnormalities
- A revision powerpoint that covers the various embrylogical processes that take place in the developing embryo, and the consequences when they go wrong
Link confirmed between missing DNA and birth defects
- In 2010, scientists in Italy reported that a woman and her daughter showed a puzzling array of disabilities, including epilepsy and cleft palate.
Novel Gene Important For Craniofacial Development Implicated In Facial Cleft Birth Defects
- In the United States, a baby is born with a facial cleft every hour, of every day of the year! Such birth defects result from both gene mutations and environmental insults.
Chromosome shattering may be a hidden cause of birth defects
- The human genome can be very forgiving. When children inherit chromosomes from their parents, some minor genetic changes frequently occur with few, if any, consequences.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...