New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Maternal use of oral contraceptives and risk of birth defects in Denmark: prospective, nationwide cohort study
Study question Is oral contraceptive use around the time of pregnancy onset associated with an increased risk of major birth defects?
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Incretin based drugs and risk of acute pancreatitis in patients with type 2 diabetes: cohort study | The BMJ
- Objectives To determine whether the use of incretin based drugs, compared with sulfonylureas, is associated with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis. - currently located behind a paywall. Your ...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Incretin based drugs and risk of acute pancreatitis in patients with type 2 diabetes: cohort study
- Objectives To determine whether the use of incretin based drugs, compared with sulfonylureas, is associated with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis.
Relation between surgeon volume and risk of complications after total hip arthroplasty: propensity score matched cohort study
- Objectives To identify a cut point in annual surgeon volume associated with increased risk of complications after primary elective total hip arthroplasty and to quantify any risk identified.
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venlafaxine in early pregnancy and risk of birth defects: population based cohort study and sibling design
- Objective To assess whether use of specific selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) or venlafaxine in early pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of birth defects, with emphasis on...
Risk of developing diabetes increases with time spent watching TV, study shows
- Every hour a day spent watching television increases the risk of developing diabetes by 3.4%, the findings of a diabetes prevention programme have shown.
Exposure to prescription opioid analgesics in utero and risk of neonatal abstinence syndrome: population based cohort study
- Objective To provide absolute and relative risk estimates of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) based on duration and timing of prescription opioid use during pregnancy in the presence or absence o...