New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
This scientist scanned his brain 2X a week for 18 months - Futurity
Every Tuesday and Thursday morning for a year and a half, Russell Poldrack climbed into an MRI machine and scanned his brain. He explains why.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Human brain Brodmann blend
- Human brain. Volume rendered from T1 weighted MRI, an average of 27 scans (Colin27, Montreal Neurological Institute) and its conjunction with Brodmann a... Human brain Brodmann blend
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
Franken Flatworm Controls Heads and Brains of Adapting Species - News Independent
- Scientists have altered the protein structure of a flatworm species that grow a different head and brain like its related species.
Aaron T. Beck, M.D.
- A native of Providence, RI, Aaron T. Beck had an interest in the vagaries of human nature as far back as he can remember. After graduating magna cum laude from Brown University in 1942, he embarked...
What is the function of spongy bone?
- Spongy bone, also called cancellous or trabecular bone, provides structural support and facilitates movement of the joints and limbs. Spongy bone is light and porous and found in most parts of the...
What is the largest bone in the human body?
- The largest and longest bone in the human body is the femur, and it is located in the upper leg. The femur connects to the knee at one end and fits into the hip socket at the...
How many bones do babies have?
- A human baby is born with approximately 300 bones. As the child develops, some of these bones fuse together to form the 206 bones of the adult human skeleton. In fact, the newborn cranium has three...