New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
A concussion is an injury to the brain caused by a blow to the head, or by striking the head on another object. It may result in loss of consciousness or con...
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- A pressure ulcer is a sore that results from the death of the skin and its underlying tissue in areas of the body that receive pressure. This occurs when a p...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
ICD: Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- An ICD helps people with serious heart rhythm problems. It sits in the chest, and sends a shock to the heart when it senses an abnormal rhythm. See how it wo...
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- This surgery is one way to treat blocked areas in the arteries of the heart. See how the surgery is done, and what to expect before and after.
- A cis a small device that helps the heart beat normally. See how it’s put in the chest, and how it uses electrical signals to keep the heart on track.
Administration of the Mini Mental State Exam to Geriatric Patients
- The mini mental state examination (MMSE) is the most commonly used instrument for screening cognitive function. This examination is not suitable for making a...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.