New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Five simple rules for July’s new doctors
In the academic world, July 1st is the day when graduated medical students wake up as doctors. Well, at least officially an intern is a doctor. I seem to remember internship feeling like a demotion.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Surgical Training and Experience of Medical Officers in Ghan... : Academic Medicine
- Purpose: To document the quality of training and experience of those who care for patients undergoin
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
A review of 'Research Skills for Medical Students'.
- This is a review of 'Research Skills for Medical Students' 1st Edition (Allen, AK – 2012 Sage: London ISBN 9780857256010) Themes – Research Skills, Critical Analysis Medical Students Thesis – Res...
Key Skills For #Meded Leaders: Developing A Shared Vision
- By Felix Ankel “A vision not shared is a hallucination.” Medical education is moving from a linear to an exponential world. For #meded leaders of the future to be successful, they must transition ...
MedTech Innovator Survey Gives Unique Insight Into Industry Interest | Medgadget
- Medtech Innovator is a competition for early stage medtech start-ups to get the opportunity to present their tech to a wide audience in addition to winning
Going to work in a different country? Different culture? Different language? Avoid getting tripped up as I did!
- I grew up in Belgium and went to medical school in Louvain, Belgium. I came to the USA for my internship and selected a small hospital in upstate New York. What an initial culture shock that was! T...
Key skills for #meded leaders. Separation: Multiply more, micromanage less.
- By Felix Ankel You are a new post-graduate dean charged with producing a prepared workforce for the 21st century. You commit to this challenge by leading a knowledge-based to competency-based med...