New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Evaluation and treatment of elevated serum sodium is presented.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Arterial Blood Gases
- This episode is a discussion about how to approach an arterial blood gas result.
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
- A potentiallylife-threatening electrolyte problem that commonly finds its way into the ICU as well as on exams.
Metabolism: Starvation versus Stress
- <p>Not feeding an injured or ill patient is not that same as a normal individual who is fasting. A pound of weight loss in the stress patient is significantly different than a pound of ...
Hypernatremia Explained Clearly
- Understand hypernatremia with this clear explanation. Dr. Roger Seheult provides an efficient overview of the three types of hypernatremia: hypovolemic, isov...
Treatment of hyperkalemia in the ED
- One of the listeners requested an episode on the treatment of hyperkalemia in the ED.
Medicine by Post-It Note