New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Myocardial Infarction: PCI and medications
This is the second installment of this topic. In this episode we talk about the role of angioplasty and role of various medications in the treatment of the patient having an MI.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Why do diabetics get silent myocardial infarctions?
- Why do diabetics get silent myocardial infarctions? I assume this is essentially a neuropathy around the pericardium but would the patient normally also have associated neuropathy in their lower li...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Involving patients in enrolment decisions for acute myocardial infarction trials
- Seriously ill patients requiring emergency treatment are unlikely to be able to give full informed consent for a clinical trial, but Neal W Dickert and Franklin G Miller argue that this does not me...
Myocardial infarction: cardiac rehabilitation and prevention of further MI | Guidance and guidelines | NICE
- This guideline was previously called MI - secondary prevention: secondary prevention in primary and secondary care for patients following a myocardial infarction.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.