New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Polypharmacy in the Elderly
Patients are often admitted to the ICU with an entire list of home medications. In this episode I talk about the implications and dangers of polypharmacy.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Intraosseous Vascular Access: not just for the kids anymore
- Intraosseous vascular access was was developed for use in adult trauma patients over 80 years ago. Only recently has this technique regained popularity for rapid and safe access to the vascul...
Managing IBS effectively with the right drugs, for the right symptoms
- Up to 15 percent of the general adult population is affected by irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and most patients struggle to find effective drug therapy.
The Basics of Inpatient Geriatrics with Dr. Neamtu
- Dr. Daniela Neamtu covers the main principles of geriatrics including polypharmacy: she reviews differences in pharmacology in older adults, demystifies the ...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more