New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Metabolic Acidosis in the ICU
A common problem in the ill or injured patient is a metabolic acidosis. In this episode we will review the common etiology of a metabolic acidosis as well as some lesser known causes.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- Atrial fibrillation is a common problem in ICU patients, but it is a problem with many potential causes, and not always a well defined treatment.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
Oral surgeon at centre of recent controversy had previously been reprimanded by GMC
- A consultant maxillofacial surgeon who has been suspended by his employers since February 2013 pending a review of 88 cases was severely reprimanded by the General Medical Council 14 years ago over...
Metabolic Acidosis. Read about Metabolic acidosis. | Patient
- Metabolic acidosis is defined as an arterial blood pH <7.35 with plasma bicarbonate <22 mmol/L. Learn about Metabolic acidosis on Metabolic acidosis page
Practical Approach to Metabolic Acidosis (Part 1 of 4)
- Lecture to Intensive Care Trainees, August 2012
Avoiding stigma, advocating weight diversity
- A new review of the way health care professionals emphasise weight to define health and wellbeing suggests the approach could be harmful to patients.