New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Video tutorial on liver failure, outlining acute liver disease including hepatitis, fulminant/decompensated liver disease followed by a discussion on chronic liver disease.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Medical Student - Brighton
Posted over 4 years ago
This is so useful and concise! Great summary, thank you :)
Alcoholic Liver Disease and Terlipressin use in Variceal bleeds
- A presentation I gave to AAU team in our teaching. A brief basic overview of alcoholic liver disease and the use of Terlipressin in Variceal bleeds - the cochrane review is used for evidence base.
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
Liver pathology 1
- Video tutorial outlining the basic anatomy and physiology of the liver followed by a summary of acute and chronic liver disease, hepatic failure and cirrhosis.
Liver pathology 2
- Audio podcast outlining the pathological processes that occur in the liver including; infection, alcohol abuse, drugs toxicity, metabolic abnormalities, autoimmune processes and neoplasia.
Upper GI Pathology
- Video tutorial outlining upper gastrointestinal disease affecting the oesophagus and stomach. Oesophageal disease processes discussed include gastroesophageal reflux, hiatus hernia, peptic strictur...
- The evidence behind different treatment modalities for hepatic encephalopathy
Clinical Consequences of Liver Disease
- Vitamins A, D, E and K are all stored in the liver, as is vitamin B12. Therefore, in liver damage, you can’t store as many of these as you would like to. Portal circulation Note that there are no...
- This is a very common cause of liver injury. It is caused by excessive alcohol intake. Typically there will be steatosis of the liver. In this pathological change, fat globules begin to accumulate ...