New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
The horrific toll of America's heroin 'epidemic' - BBC News
Heroin abuse in the US has spread beyond inner cities, resulting in a sharp rise in deadly addiction. The BBC's Ian Pannell reports from Chicago, a hub for cheap, pure and plentiful heroin.
Help by adding tags...
Prescription charge to rise in England - BBC News
- The price of NHS prescriptions is to rise by 20 pence in April and again next year.
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
Stanford University develops $90 iPhone accessory to replace ophthalmology kit costing tens of thousands
- Researchers at Stanford University’s School of Medicine have developed two low-cost iPhone adapters that provide images of the eye that usually require specialist ophthalmology equipment costing te...
Penn Medicine pain management study reveals patient confusion about opioid addiction
- Findings illustrate need for improved communication of opioid risks and pain management in emergency departmentsEmergency department patients have misperceptions about...
Researchers discover brain circuit that controls compulsive overeating and sugar addiction
- Compulsive overeating and sugar addiction are major threats to human health, but potential treatments face the risk of impairing normal feeding behaviors that are crucial for survival.
Heroin Best Tx for Resistant Opioid Addiction, Expert Says
- Heroin-assisted therapy is the best way of avoiding relapse in opioid addicts who have failed conventional therapies, argues an expert.
Pain Medicine Clinic - Tyler's Story - Nebraska Medicine
- When it comes to treating pain, Dr. Thomas Brooks is leading the way with a new approach. He's a pain medicine specialist at Nebraska Medicine who gets to th...