New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Background Mumps is a NOTIFIABLE DISEASE in the UK Another viral respiratory tract infection. Caused by the mumps virus. Most common in winter/spring Spread by droplet infection Not as infectious as measles
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- Now relatively rare in the UK Older children have more severe disease Caused by the Morbillivirus, which is a type of paramyoxovirus This is a single stranded, enveloped RNA virus It is a highly co...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
Rise in US measles cases is blamed on unimmunized travelers
- This week measles cases reached a new high in the United States since the disease was declared eradicated in 2000, approaching a level not seen since 1996, when there were 508 cases for the year.
Chinese medicinal herbs for mumps | Cochrane
- Background Mumps (epidemic parotitis) is an infectious illness caused by the multiplication of the mumps virus in the upper respiratory tract. It can range from a mild upper respiratory disease to...
Acute back pain Presentation
- An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…