New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Prolapsed Mitral Valve
The mitral valve (or bicuspid valve) separates the left atrium and left ventricle. Its function is to close as the heart contacts (i.e. when pressure increases in the ventricle) to prevent blood...
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Cardiac Pressure-Volume Loop
- This tutorial explores the relationship between pressure and volume in the left ventricle of the heart.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation increases the risk of stroke, which is a leading cause of death and disability worldwide. The use of oral anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation at moderate or hig...
What is Eisenmenger syndrome?
- Eisenmenger's syndrome is when blood in the heart shunts from right-to-left due to increased pressure in the right ventricle. This increased pressure is usua...
Balloon Atrial Septostomy to Treat Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) - CHOP
- Learn more at http://heart.chop.edu. In this animation, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia demonstrates a balloon atrial septostomy to treat transpositi...
Heart Structure and Function Basics - Anatomy Tutorial
- http://www.anatomyzone.com 3D anatomy tutorial using the Biodigital Human browser on the basic structure and function of the heart (see http://www.biodigital...
Cardiology Topic Reviews and Definitions | Learntheheart.com
- Cardiology topics are reviewed including comprehensive summaries, quiz questions, clinical trials, games and more.