New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Northern Ireland MLAs want clarity on child cardiac surgery cases - BBC News
Members of NI's Health Committee are calling for greater clarity on details of cases of children travelling to Dublin for life-saving heart surgery.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Leeds General Infirmary child heart surgery unit 'safe' - BBC News
- A children's heart unit that closed temporarily owing to fears over numbers of deaths is safe, but some families received poor care, a review finds.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Why the UK has a high child death rate - BBC News
- The UK has one of the most advanced health systems in the world, but one of worst child mortality rates in Western Europe.
Child heart surgery deaths in UK 'halved' - BBC News
- Children's heart surgery in the UK, often the source of controversy, has improved significantly, a report has concluded.
Children monitored to gauge pollution impact - BBC News
- A multimillion pound study has been launched to assess the impact of the environment on the health and development of children.
Moving legacy of Ebola worker who died saving children - BBC News
- BBC Global Health Correspondent Tulip Mazumdar returns to Sierra Leone to assess the legacy of health worker Augustine Baker, who died in the fight against the disease.
Lifeblood for children who need it most - BBC News
- How to tell which sick children need blood transfusions the most.