New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pakistan to immunise people going abroad against polio - BBC News
Pakistan is to immunise travellers against polio by setting up mandatory immunisation points at international airports and border crossings.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
After eradication: India’s post-polio problem
- What of India’s forgotten survivors and the debilitating post-polio syndrome that can return decades later? Neena Bhandari reports
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
World facing polio health emergency - BBC News
- The World Health Organization declares the recent spread of polio an international public health emergency.
Why is polio a public health emergency? - BBC News
- It might seem odd for the spread of polio to be declared an international public health emergency. There have been 68 recorded cases of wild poliovirus so far in 2014. Contrast that with the one mi...
Eradicating polio one step at a time - BBC News
- BBC Monitoring's Vikas Pandey meets India's "polio aunties" to see how they are keeping the country free from the disease.
Africa marks a year without a new case of wild polio - BBC News
- No case of polio has been reported in Africa over the last twelve months, but people are still hesitant to celebrate, reports BBC Africa health correspondent Anne Soy.
Polio: Vaccinated British man shed virus for 30 years - BBC News
- A man with an immune system disorder has spread polio for nearly 30 years, despite having been vaccinated, British scientists have found.