New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
World facing polio health emergency - BBC News
The World Health Organization declares the recent spread of polio an international public health emergency.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
WHO declares polio a public health emergency
- The World Health Organization has declared the spread of polio a global public health emergency, which, if left unchecked, could derail efforts to eradicate the disease.1
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Pakistan to immunise people going abroad against polio - BBC News
- Pakistan is to immunise travellers against polio by setting up mandatory immunisation points at international airports and border crossings.
Why is polio a public health emergency? - BBC News
- It might seem odd for the spread of polio to be declared an international public health emergency. There have been 68 recorded cases of wild poliovirus so far in 2014. Contrast that with the one mi...
Eradicating polio one step at a time - BBC News
- BBC Monitoring's Vikas Pandey meets India's "polio aunties" to see how they are keeping the country free from the disease.
Tracking Progress Toward Polio Eradication — Worldwide, 2013–2014
Africa marks a year without a new case of wild polio - BBC News
- No case of polio has been reported in Africa over the last twelve months, but people are still hesitant to celebrate, reports BBC Africa health correspondent Anne Soy.