New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Mental health patients hit by bed shortage - BBC News
A shortage of beds has forced some mental health patients in England to travel hundreds of miles for treatment and to sleep on mattresses on the floor.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Children admitted to adult mental health wards 'rising' - BBC News
- The number of children with mental health problems being treated on adult wards in England is rising, according to new data.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Mental health patients forced to travel miles for care - BBC News
- A lack of mental health beds in England is forcing patients to travel hundreds of miles to receive treatment in other areas, figures show.
Psychiatric patients to receive physical health checks - BBC News
- Mental health trusts are to be paid for improving the physical health of psychiatric patients.
Ebola: Mental health tips for survivors - BBC News
- The BBC explores the impact Ebola can have on a person's mental health and asks what those affected can do to help themselves and others.
Mental health bed shortage blamed on system - BBC News
- Delayed discharge and poor community provision are to blame for problems that mental health patients in England have accessing hospital beds, an inquiry finds
Mental health patients sent 'hundreds of miles' for care - BBC News
- The number of mental health patients in England who had to travel away from their local area to get care has risen by almost a quarter over the past year, new figures suggest.