New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
'Arrogance' of ignoring need for sleep - BBC News
Society has become "supremely arrogant" in ignoring the importance of sleep, leading researchers have told the BBC's Day of the Body Clock.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
The Secrets of Sleep - The Naked Scientists
- Naked Scientists - 20th Jan 2015 - The Secrets of Sleep
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Lack of sleep can have role in obesity and diabetes, study says - BBC News
- Getting too little sleep in the week and having to make up at the weekend may contribute to obesity and type 2 diabetes, a study suggests.
How common is obstructive sleep apnoea really in the UK?
- I was listening to a lecture about obstructive sleep apnoea which mentioned that this was a relatively common illness but when I walk around, I can't imagine that many people are affected. Is it so...
Why do we sleep? - BBC News
- New research is giving scientists an insight into why we sleep and what happens when we do it.