New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Use of placebo controls in the evaluation of surgery: systematic review
Data sources We searched Medline, Embase, and the Cochrane Controlled Trials Register from their inception to November 2013.
Help by adding tags...
Risk For Two Birth Defects Affected By Overall Quality Of Pregnant Woman's Diet
- The overall quality of a pregnant woman's diet is linked with risk for two types of serious birth defects, a new study from the Stanford University School of Medicine has shown.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Hormonal birth control and fracture risk in observational studies | Cochrane
- When bone mass declines with age, the risk of fractures increases. Birth control methods that have hormones may lead to changes in women’s bone density. Worry about fractures may limit the use of t...
Education about family planning for women who have just given birth | Cochrane
- Counseling about family planning is standard for most women who just gave birth. Few providers and researchers have looked at how well the counseling works. We do not know if postpartum women want ...
Women having a baby by IVF are at increased risk of reflux disease after birth
- Women who give birth to babies conceived by in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) are at increased risk of experiencing long-term symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), according to the...
Hormonal and intrauterine methods for birth control in women age 25 years or younger | Cochrane
- Women aged 25 years and younger are more likely to stop using birth control than women over 25 years of age. They are also more likely to get pregnant while using birth control compared with older ...
The risk of heart attack and stroke in women using birth control pills | Cochrane
- Since their introduction, combined oral contraceptive pills have become one of the most popular birth control methods. These pills contain two types of female hormones, estrogen and progestagen. Wh...