New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
In Reply to Clinical Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Event medicine: injury and illness during an expedition-length adventure race ☆
- To describe the incidence and type of injury and illness occurring during an expedition-length adventure race and identify those resulting in withdrawal from the event, a prospective cohort study w...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
- An overview of the top five most common polar expedition injuries and illnesses.
Pattern of Injury and Illness During Expedition-Length Adventure Races
- To describe injuries and illnesses treated during an expedition-length adventure race and combine the results with those from previous studies to identify common patterns of injury and illness duri...
Altitude Sickness in Climbers and Efficacy of NSAIDs Trial (ASCENT): Randomized, Controlled Trial of Ibuprofen Versus Placebo for Prevention of Altitude Illness
- To study the effectiveness of ibuprofen versus placebo in preventing acute mountain sickness (AMS) and high altitude headache (HAH).
Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Comparison of Acetazolamide Versus Ibuprofen for Prophylaxis Against High Altitude Headache: The Headache Evaluation at Altitude Trial (HEAT)
- High altitude headache (HAH) is the most common neurological complaint at altitude and the defining component of acute mountain sickness (AMS). However, there is a paucity of literature concerning ...
Wilderness Medical Society Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia
- Exercise-associated hyponatremia (EAH) typically occurs during or up to 24 hours after prolonged physical activity, and is defined by a serum or plasma sodium concentration below the normal referen...