New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Examination of the spine | Arthritis Research UK
Look initially from behind the patient for any obvious muscle wasting, asymmetry or scoliosis of the spine. Look from the side for normal: cervical lordosis thoracic kyphosis and lumbar lordosis.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Orthopaedic examination videos
- Freedom of Information | Disclaimer | Accessibility | Sitemap © 2016 Copyright University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Bacteria Mind Map
Introduction to musculoskeletal examination
- Clinical examination of the musculoskeletal system has for a long time been regarded as difficult by medical students. It appears complex and until recently there has been no agreement on which ski...
The GALS screening examination | Arthritis Research UK
- The GALS screening examination is designed for routine clerking of a patient. It is available in both video and CD format elsewhere. A brief revision form is presented here.
Regional examination of the musculoskeletal system: introduction video
- Regional examination of the musculoskeletal system (REMS) refers to the more detailed examination that would be expected once an abnormality has been detected through either the history or screenin...
Examination of the elbow | Arthritis Research UK
- Begin with looking at the patient from the front for the normal carrying angle, and from the side for any flexion deformity. The posterior aspect of the elbow is inspected for obvious scars, swelli...
Examination of the shoulder | Arthritis Research UK
- With both shoulders fully exposed, look from the front, the side and behind the patient for obvious loss of symmetry, muscle wasting or scars.