New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Boy Gets Food Allergies from Blood Transfusion
A boy with no previous allergies suddenly found himself allergic to nuts and fish after receiving a blood transfusion for a medical condition.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- A short, 16-slide presentation on the topic of immunologically-mediated food allergies, both IgE and call mediated types. Covers the epidemiology, aetiology, pathophysiology, presentation, his...
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
- Allergy – Inappropriate immune response to normally harmless allergen. Allergen – Foreign particles which produce an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction in sensitive individuals.
Food allergy: a burden carried by more than 17 million Europeans
- With more than 17 million of Europeans suffering from allergies1, food allergy is one of the most common allergic diseases.
A new ultrasensitive test for peanut allergies
- Current peanut allergy tests are not very reliable when it comes to diagnosing the severity of an individual's allergic reaction, which can range from hives to life-threatening anaphylactic...
Four more genes identified in severe food allergy
- In eosinophilic esophagitis, new targets emerge for potential treatmentsScientists have identified four new genes associated with the severe food allergy eosinophilic...
Link between food allergy development and skin exposure
- Food allergies are on the rise in the U.S. and other developed countries. In patients, food allergies appear as a variety of symptoms, ranging from mild skin inflammation to severe...