New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Risk of developing diabetes increases with time spent watching TV, study shows
Every hour a day spent watching television increases the risk of developing diabetes by 3.4%, the findings of a diabetes prevention programme have shown.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Taking a longer term view of cardiovascular risk: the causal exposure paradigm
- Allan D Sniderman and colleagues argue that many people already have advanced arterial damage when they are identified to be at high risk of a cardiovascular event and that a better approach would ...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Stroke Rounds: Risk Prediction, Thrombolysis Times
- Lackluster door-to-needle time improvements, and other research.
Time to consider the risks of caesarean delivery for long term child health
- Jan Blustein and Jianmeng Liu examine the evidence linking caesarean delivery with childhood chronic disease and say that guidelines on delivery should be reviewed with these risks in mind
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...