New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Indiana declares health emergency in response to HIV outbreak
Indiana’s governor, Mike Pence, declared a public health emergency on Wednesday 25 March in response to an outbreak of new HIV infections in the southeast of the state.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
WHO | WHO statement on the meeting of the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee concerning the international spread of wild poliovirus
- It was the unanimous view of the Committee that the conditions for a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) have been met.
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
WHO | Statement on the 4th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The 4th meeting of IHR Emergency Committee was convened to review, in accordance with IHR provisions, whether the event continued to constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
Ebola remains an international health emergency, WHO warns
- Despite a significant fall in cases of Ebola virus disease in west Africa the outbreak remains a public health emergency of international concern, the World Health Organization has said.
September 11 leaves legacy of chronic ill health among US emergency medical workers
- The September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 have left a legacy of chronic ill health among emergency medical workers who attended the scene, a study reported in Occupational and Envi...
G7 leaders are urged to commit to health emergency response
- The leaders of the world’s seven richest nations have been warned that the world is no better prepared to respond to the Ebola virus than it was a year ago.
WHO | Statement on the 6th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The Director-General declared that the 2014-2015 Ebola outbreak in these West African countries continues to constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.