New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Common pesticide may increase risk of ADHD
Rutgers study suggests that pregnant women and young children are more susceptibleA commonly used pesticide may alter the development of the brain's dopamine system ...
Help by adding tags...
Taking a longer term view of cardiovascular risk: the causal exposure paradigm
- Allan D Sniderman and colleagues argue that many people already have advanced arterial damage when they are identified to be at high risk of a cardiovascular event and that a better approach would ...
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
Study offers clues to early detection of bipolar disorders in high-risk children
- New research published in the American Journal of Psychiatry indicates a strong link between subthreshold manic episodes and likelihood of developing bipolar disorder in children of...
Flu vaccine rates fail to reflect increased complication risk in children with neurological disorders
- Though children with neurological disorders are at higher risk of flu complications, flu vaccine rates in this population are comparable to those of healthy children.
Oral Insulin May Thwart Type 1 Diabetes in High-Risk Kids
- In the pilot Pre-POINT study, a high dose of oral insulin altered the immune response in children at high risk of developing type 1 diabetes; a vaccine could be 10 years away, the authors speculate.
Severe Obesity Ups Cardiometabolic Risk in the Young
- Cardiometabolic risk factors are prevalent in obese children and young adults, and the more severe the obesity, the greater the likelihood abnormalities will be present, in both genders.
Bacteria Mind Map