New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Better joint replacement outcomes for obese patients who have weight-loss surgery
Weight-loss surgery prior to a knee or hip replacement for severely overweight patients may lead to better outcomes, according to two new studies.
Help by adding tags...
Making hip surgery safer
- Experts have issued new guidelines for certain surgeries that are performed in patients with hip fractures.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
ACL surgery may significantly improve physical health and function for at least six years in younger patients
- Outcomes best for active patients with lower body mass indexA new study appearing in the April issue of The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS), found that...
For type V AC joint injuries, early surgery may not be the best approach
- Early surgery may not be the best treatment option for patients with Type V AC joint injuries, according to new research from Tripler Army Medical Center.
A 'Game Changer' for Patients With Joint Damage?
- Most donated tissue for joint replacement must be discarded. A new technology holds the promise of providing more and higher-quality graft material for a more natural joint repair option for patients.
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!