New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Discovering age-specific brain changes in autism
The field of autism research has tried to find a central theory underlying brain changes associated with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Admiring Autism: Busting 'autism myths' with a camera - BBC News
- Photographer Sara Dunn is "challenging the myths surrounding autism" with a camera, her own son and other affected families.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
'Master regulator' gene - long tied to autism disorders - stimulates other genes in early brain development
- Chemical modifications to DNA's packaging - known as epigenetic changes - can activate or repress genes involved in autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and early brain development, according to a...
Mighty microexons take center stage in shaping of the brain
- Complex brain disorders, such as autism or schizophrenia, still puzzle scientists because their causes lie hidden in early events of brain development, which are still poorly understood.
Raising awareness of the myths of autism spectrum disorder
- For National Autism Awareness Month, we take a look at some of the most common misconceptions surrounding autism spectrum disorder.
Tadpole model links drug exposure to autism-like effects
- Research suggests that fetal exposure to chemicals or drugs can cause neurological problems.
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more