New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
How salmonella survives the macrophage's acid attack
Macrophages destroy bacteria by engulfing them in intracellular compartments, which they then acidify to kill or neutralize the bacteria.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Animation of Initiation of Atherosclerosis - Macrophage Activation 1
- This animation shows a simplified version of the macrophage's role in the initiation of atherosclerosis. In an atherosclerotic-prone blood vessel, macrophages invade the subendothelial space. Oxidi...
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Animation of Initiation of Atherosclerosis - Macrophage Activation 2
- This animation shows a simplified version of the macrophage's role in the initiation of atherosclerosis. In an atherosclerotic-prone blood vessel, macrophages invade the subendothelial space. ...
Immunology: Macrophages as T-cell primers
- New work by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet (LMU) in Munich researchers demonstrates that macrophages can effectively substitute for so-called dendritic cells as primers of T-cell-dependent...
Genetically engineered Salmonella promising as anti-cancer therapy
- A new study has demonstrated that genetically modified Salmonella can be used to kill cancer cells.
Macrophages may play critical role in melanoma resistance to BRAF inhibitors
- With targeted therapies no longer viewed as a 'magic bullet' for cancer treatment, this study suggests that macrophages could be a new therapeutic target for patients with...