New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Melanoma drug shows promise for treating advanced lung cancer
A drug approved to treat melanoma has proven effective for treating advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer in a new study - particularly for patients with high PD-L1 expression.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Dual therapy's 1-2 punch knocks out drug-resistant lung cancer
- Unusual chance to study patient's residual tumor leads to new findingCapitalizing on a rare opportunity to thoroughly analyze a tumor from a lung cancer patient who had...
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...
EGFR Testing Not Done in 25% of Lung Cancer Patients
- Not all patients with advanced NSCLC undergo testing for the EGFR mutation, and for some patients who do undergo testing, therapy is initiated before the results are received.
Atezolizumab: Another Immunotherapy Active in Lung Cancer
- Another immunotherapy is showing promise in non-small cell lung cancer. Atezolizumab is in a race with several others to join the already-approved nivolumab.
FDA OKs Osimertinib for Specific Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancers
- A new drug is available for patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who progress on epidermal growth-factor receptor inhibitors and who have a specific related mutation.