New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
HPV test 'more accurate' than Pap for cervical cancer screening
A single test for HPV is more accurate and less costly than Pap for cervical cancer screening, according to trial results and the recommendations of a panel of experts.
Help by adding tags...
HPV and Cervical Cancer
- CANCER FOCUS - CERVICAL CANCER IN A REGION OF THE UK: NORTHERN IRELAND
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Cervical cancer screening trials in India spark controversy
- A report on three clinical trials of screening for cervical cancer in India has provoked controversy, as it showed that 254 women in the unscreened groups had died of the disease. The report, publi...
Female IBD patients: Stay up-to-date on your cervical cancer screening
- Women with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) may be at increased risk of cervical dysplasia and cancer, according to a new study1 published in Clinical Gastroenterology and...
New HPV vaccine offers greater protection against cervical cancer than current vaccine
- Scientists have developed a new HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccine which protects against nine types of the virus - seven of which cause most cases of cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer | Did You Know?
- Highlighting key topics and trends in cancer statistics, this "Did You Know?" video from the National Cancer Institute looks at cervical cancer in the United...
HPV Oncogenic mRNA Testing for Cervical Cancer Screening
- This study evaluated the viability of a newly approved test for detection of HPV messenger RNA. Is it an effective adjunctive cervical cancer screening method?