New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Cleft Lip/Palate Cause Much More Than Cosmetic Problems
Children born with cleft lip, cleft palate and other craniofacial disorders face numerous medical challenges beyond appearance.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Complications of tube insertion in ears not worse for kids with cleft lip/palate
- Children with cleft lip and/or palate (CLP) have no worse complications from ventilation tube (VT) insertion in their ears to treat otitis media with effusion (OME, a buildup of fluid in the...
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
Genomic region offers insights into genetics of cleft lip
- Scientists at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, have identified how a specific stretch of DNA controls far-off genes to influence the formation of the face.
New gene responsible for cleft lip and palate syndrome identified
- An international team led by researchers from Karolinska Institutet in Sweden has identified a new gene related to the Van der Woude syndrome, the most common syndrome with cleft lip and palate.
New Mouse Model Could Lead To New Treatments And Prevention Strategies For Cleft Lip And Cleft Palate In Humans
- Scientists at Weill Cornell Medical College used genetic methods to successfully repair cleft lips in mice embryos specially engineered for the study of cleft lip and cleft palate.
Two Brothers Born With Forms Of Cleft Lip And Palate Raises Awareness Of Condition And Risk Factors
- Carter and Mason Osborne have a lot in common. Not only are they brothers who love to laugh, they also share one unique characteristic; they were born with forms of cleft lip and palate.
Cries Of Two-Month-Old Infants With Cleft Lip And Palate Predict Language Development
- An infant child's cries are his or her way of communicating with the world. However, the baby's cries have more information to communicate beyond saying 'I'm hungry,' or 'I'm tired.