New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Some Gene Mutations May Be Treatable With Diet
Scientists have moved a step closer to correcting some unhealthy gene mutations with diet, according to a new research report appearing in the April 2012 issue of the journal GENETICS.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Defective gene could suggest a genetic basis for IBS
- Diet, past trauma, infection and anxiety have variously been described as the cause of IBS. Now, researchers claim to have unearthed a clue to a genetic basis for this condition.
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...
Link Between Heart Disease And Height Hidden In Our Genes
- Doctors long ago noticed that, beyond the usual influences of diet and smoking, short people seem to get heart disease more often than tall people. But why?
Finding the cause of IBD - genes, bugs or diet?
- Stream Finding the cause of IBD - genes, bugs or diet? by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device
Gene Mutation Signals Poor Prognosis for Pancreatic Tumors
- Recently identified mutations in two key genes are prognostic of poor outcome in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, researchers report.
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.