New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Tracking Down The Causes Of Loeys-Dietz Syndrome
A USC research team has pinpointed the source of a genetic disorder that causes life-threatening birth defects, which may allow doctors to quickly diagnose and better treat the disease.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- This is the most common life-limiting inherited disease in Caucasians. It is caused by a genetic mutation that alters mucus production, resulting in a more viscous solution. It is autosomal recessi...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Food that help improve Down Syndrome in infants.
- I've heard some researches found that food nutrients can improve some genetic diseases. I need to know what kind of food that help improve Down Syndrome in infants.
Research could be 'life-prolonging' for cystic fibrosis patients
- Preventing lung infections in childhood could stop later life-threatening infections for people with cystic fibrosis (CF), according to the latest research carried out at Aston University.
Garlic extract could help cystic fibrosis patients fight infection
- A chemical found in garlic can kill bacteria that cause life-threatening lung infections in people with cystic fibrosis, research suggests.
New research may prove relevant to treating disorders characterized by misfolded proteins - PD, CVD, and cystic fibrosis
- Patients with Parkinson's disease, cardiovascular disease, and cystic fibrosis may have something in common: cells in their disease-affected tissues may produce misfolded proteins that are...
Link found between migraine and Parkinson's
- New research has found there may be an association with migraine in middle age and the development of Parkinson’s disease later in life.