New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Protecting nerve tissue during bowel surgery
After bowel surgery, more than half of the patients suffer from irreparable nerve damage.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Cardiovascular Risk Reduction for Surgery
- This episode explores what is needed to make surgery safer for the patient with cardiovascular disease.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
04/02/14 Vascular Surgery
Physical therapy as effective as surgery for lumber spinal stenosis
- Patients with lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) who followed an evidence-based, standardized physical therapy (PT) regimen achieved similar symptom relief and improvements in physical functioning as...
Making hip surgery safer
- Experts have issued new guidelines for certain surgeries that are performed in patients with hip fractures.
Preoperative Tests Still Too Frequent for Cataract Surgery
- Preoperative medical tests are still being ordered too frequently for Medicare patients undergoing cataract surgery, despite evidence that such tests have no effect on surgical outcomes.