New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Garlic extract could help cystic fibrosis patients fight infection
A chemical found in garlic can kill bacteria that cause life-threatening lung infections in people with cystic fibrosis, research suggests.
Help by adding tags...
Journal club: Azithromycin and increased mycobacterial infections in cystic fibrosis patients
- Stream Journal club: Azithromycin and increased mycobacterial infections in cystic fibrosis patients by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
New cystic fibrosis research takes aim at deadly pathogen
- A new method of testing the most common cause of life-threatening infection in people with cystic fibrosis could improve efforts to study and combat the illness.
Research could be 'life-prolonging' for cystic fibrosis patients
- Preventing lung infections in childhood could stop later life-threatening infections for people with cystic fibrosis (CF), according to the latest research carried out at Aston University.
Mucus retained in cystic fibrosis patients' cells leads to potentially deadly infections
- Finding could lead to treatments for cystic...
Scientists opens black box on bacterial growth in cystic fibrosis lung infection
- Researchers from the University of Copenhagen have shown for the first time how bacteria can grow directly in the lungs of Cystic fibrosis patients, giving them the opportunity to get...
Researchers identify potential drug that could help treat cystic fibrosis
- By screening over 2,000 approved drugs and natural products, scientists have shown that tannic acid may help ease the impact of bacterial lung infections in cystic fibrosis patients.